Skip to main content

Mobile Marketing Strategy

Cater to Mobile Users



The user journey has now changed due to the rising use of mobile. By 2022, Over two-thirds of the world are going to have access to a mobile device. Understanding that mobile advertising is different than regular old fashion marketing is the first step in creating an effective marketing strategy. 

Searches Tend to be local

Understanding how your customer base will be searching for your business is crucial. On a mobile device, they may be simply looking for a phone number or address. Finding this information out will help you achieve your business goals much more efficiently. You don't necessarily want to advertise towards the user for a sale if what they are searching is at the start of your sales funnel. Pick your moments!

Simple is the name of the game

On mobile, there is limited screen space. Don't overload the consumer with a bunch of information they don't need yet! Again, finding out the steps your customer base takes when interacting with your brand is important! Give them what they need, whether it is a phone number, link, or short blog post. 

Measure, collect, optimize



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Google Analytics Certified, Oh Yea

One of the goals within the Center of Digital Engagement Internship this summer was to become certified in at least one of the digital marketing certifications available.  I chose to to certify in Analytics because I have had prior experience with Adwords and wanted to get my feet wet in Analytics. My Strategy On Passing The Exam So within the internship, Bud Gibson, who is a director with SPARK, suggested the fail until you pass method. Using this methodology, I took the test two times. Before taking it the first time, I studied all of the Google Partner resources relating to GA. The score of my first test was a 75%! So only 5% away from passing.  An excellent way of learning Google Analytics is to apply the learning in real time. I installed Google  Analytics within this blog and have been analyzing my traffic. This has been one of the best ways of learning how GA works.  I continued to study the Google Partners resources and taking practice tests online. Once I had a fe

My Experiences With Google Adwords...So Far

Being A Non-Profit's Adwords Manager During the Winter 2017 semester at Eastern Michigan University, I took the Google Adwords and Webpage Design course. In this class we were split up into 4-person teams and paired up with non-profits. Throughout the course we created, managed, optimized campaigns and their ads. Our learning with Adwords emphasized Click-Through-Rates, quality score for keywords, and the copy on the ads.  I enjoyed the process of creating a campaign. Finding out which keywords to bid for based on monthly searches and Cost-Per-Click, creating buyer personas, and optimizing the Ad groups after campaign launch. After the semester ended, we were given the opportunity to continue managing the Adwords account for the non-profit. I promptly emailed the professor and the marketing head of the non-profit, asking if I could continue working with them through the summer.  Since then, I have been the Google Adwords Manager for The Preeclampsia Foundation. I w

Certification Process

The Google Analytics Exam I have been studying for the past couple of weeks for the analytics exam. Primarily using Google Partners as a study resource. As part of this internship, the interns have to pass Google Analytics/Adwords, Hubspot, or any approved certification in order to receive the Digital Media Certification from SPARK and the Center of Digital Engagement.  I went into my first try of taking the exam hoping for a score of 60-65%. After 50 minutes of taking the exam, I earned a 72%. Only 8% away from a passing grade! Since there is a week cool down period, I plan on studying extensively from study guides provided by Google as well as outside resources.  By next week I'll be blogging about how I passed the exam!  Do you have any strategies on how to pass these certification exams? If so, let me know in the comments below.