Skip to main content

My Experiences With Google Adwords...So Far

Being A Non-Profit's Adwords Manager



During the Winter 2017 semester at Eastern Michigan University, I took the Google Adwords and Webpage Design course. In this class we were split up into 4-person teams and paired up with non-profits. Throughout the course we created, managed, optimized campaigns and their ads. Our learning with Adwords emphasized Click-Through-Rates, quality score for keywords, and the copy on the ads. 

I enjoyed the process of creating a campaign. Finding out which keywords to bid for based on monthly searches and Cost-Per-Click, creating buyer personas, and optimizing the Ad groups after campaign launch. After the semester ended, we were given the opportunity to continue managing the Adwords account for the non-profit. I promptly emailed the professor and the marketing head of the non-profit, asking if I could continue working with them through the summer. 

Since then, I have been the Google Adwords Manager for The Preeclampsia Foundation. I would like to say it has been great working with the foundation. They are truly working towards raising awareness and educating the public on the Preeclampsia condition. 

Moving forward, I am looking to develop my own strategies with creation, optimization, and working with Adwords and Analytics. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Google Analytics Certified, Oh Yea

One of the goals within the Center of Digital Engagement Internship this summer was to become certified in at least one of the digital marketing certifications available.  I chose to to certify in Analytics because I have had prior experience with Adwords and wanted to get my feet wet in Analytics. My Strategy On Passing The Exam So within the internship, Bud Gibson, who is a director with SPARK, suggested the fail until you pass method. Using this methodology, I took the test two times. Before taking it the first time, I studied all of the Google Partner resources relating to GA. The score of my first test was a 75%! So only 5% away from passing.  An excellent way of learning Google Analytics is to apply the learning in real time. I installed Google  Analytics within this blog and have been analyzing my traffic. This has been one of the best ways of learning how GA works.  I continued to study the Google Partners resources and taking practice tests online. Once I had a fe

Snapchat Marketing: What's the sauce?

Snapchat: The baby of social media Snapchat is the latest social media platform to gain a major following. Its users are primarily 13-34 years old and it is used for video and image messaging. Be an Influencer The latest trend sweeping the internet is individuals gaining large amounts of followers on social media and becoming influencers. This allows these people to connect with others in a way that promotes their ideas, beliefs, and lifestyles. Influencer Marketing If they gain a large enough following they may be subject to offers from product owners and other businesses. These businesses want to take advantage of the influencer's audience to raise awareness for their own business. Best way of reaching out to an influencer is to develop a relationship with them before you ask for anything. Also, making sure that both party's audiences are alike.  Launch New Products If your company is releasing a new product or line, you can use Snapchat to raise awa